Chocolate Covered Almond Brownie Recipe
These are so decadent and delicious!
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup unsalted butter at room temp
1 large egg room temp
1 cup all purpose flour
½ cup (heaping not leveled) unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1/8th teaspoon table salt
1 tablespoon milk (any milk is fine, I use skim you can use Almond Milk too)
1. Using either a stand or handheld mixer, cream butter for about 30 seconds then add brown and white sugar and mix until well combined.
2. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
3. Whisk all your dry ingredients together in a separate bowl (flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda). Mix the dry ingredients into butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until combined. You’ll notice the dough is VERY thick! This is where I add a little milk to thin it out a tad. Add the tablespoon of milk and turn on the mixer and again mix until combined.
4. Push dough down into bowl and cover tightly with saran wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
6. Once chilled, preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit, use a mini muffin tin that’s non-stick.
7. Scoop two tablespoons of dough for each cookie and roll into a ball. Place each ball into a mini muffin tin slot. Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Let sit on cookie sheet three minutes then press a Kirkland Signature Milk Chocolate Almond into the center of the cookie. Place entire tray in fridge for 10 minutes and then use a butter knife to carefully remove each cookie.